[Cython] Infer types and array.pxd

Oliver Haas oliver.sebastian.haas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 02:24:24 EDT 2020

Hello,

- Yes, I prefer to work with infer_types = False most of the time. I can
see how this might be rare, so in general this isn't an important issue.
- I think the best solution would be that compiler directives like
"infer_types" should not propagate into the cimported files at all, but
rather be controlled by the actual author (roughly citing da-woods here). I
don't think this will be easy to do in general, but especially with *.pxd
files and inline functions.
- As a reasonable solution I would just submit a pull request with added
explicit typing if I encounter a case like this one in array.pxd. I don't
see any downside in that, but I'm not experienced so I wanted to ask first.

Regards.
Oliver