[Cython] Status

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Thu Jan 30 02:00:34 EST 2020

On 30. Jan 2020, at 03:52, John Skaller2 <skaller at internode.on.net> wrote:

> However the shared library extensions I generate will always be linked
> against a shared library. My build tech does not permit flat namespaces
> for dynamic linkage. I know you CAN get Python run time as a shared
> library on Debian based systems, but I don’t think you can get
> a stub Python executable. Its essential that all the global data is held
> by the library not the executable, otherwise it won’t be shared by
> libraries that link to it.

Users of MPI libraries have some of the same problems - maybe you could have a look at the mpi4py - coincidentally it’s also a heavy user of Cython, so a lot of inspiration can be found in the sources.

https://mpi4py.readthedocs.io/en/stable/appendix.html#mpi-enabled-python-interpreter

Sent from my iPad