[Datetime-SIG] Local time disambiguation proposal

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 21:27:00 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Alexander Belopolsky
<alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to make a specific proposal on a narrow topic of how to
> handle ambiguities inherent in representing time instances in common
> time zones.

I have now posted a first draft of the reference implementation at the
bug tracker:

Issue: http://bugs.python.org/issue24773
Patch: http://bugs.python.org/file40094/ltdf.patch

I am also working on converting my write-up [1] for publication as a
PEP.  Please note that I have made substantial changes since my
initial post, so if you comment on the proposal please make sure that
you've read the latest version.

[1]: https://github.com/abalkin/ltdf/blob/master/README.rst