[Datetime-SIG] Calendar vs timespan calculations...

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 22:53:13 CEST 2015

On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Łukasz Rekucki <lrekucki at gmail.com> wrote:
> But if we don't write a one, how do we know it's possible to do? IMHO,
> the same approach was taken for tzinfo and DST and it didn't work out
> very well.

This is unfair.  Python included extensively tested tzinfo
implementations in its documentation and the test suit from the very
beginning.  Third party libraries came up with their own more complete
implementations and even addressed some of the limitations inherent in
the original design.  Overall, I don't think Python's history of
timezone support is any worse that that of any other language of its
age.