[Datetime-SIG] PEP-431/495

Stuart Bishop stuart at stuartbishop.net
Tue Aug 25 11:28:13 CEST 2015

On 25 August 2015 at 13:39, Akira Li <4kir4.1i at gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as I know utc -> local timezone *conversions* do not work during
> DST transitions in dateutil [1] while pytz manages just fine.
>
> Let's not do, whatever dateutil does here. It would be a regression.

dateutils does not work at the moment. With the addition of the new
flag proposed by PEP-495 it should be a simple update to make
dateutils work. Similarly, depending on the semantics of the updated
datetime constructors it may be possible to drop pytz' localize method
and have it work better.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/