[Datetime-SIG] PEP-431/495

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 18:54:38 CEST 2015

[Stuart]
>> I think people are more aware of daylight savings time than you
>> imagine, given the nagging by the media on how to adjust their clocks.

[Alexander]
> I am afraid this is a very US-centric view.

If I'm not mistaken, Stewart is Australian.  So it's a very AUS-
centric view ;-)

> Try to explain the concept to someone from a country that
> does not mess with the clocks.

Heh.  Try explaining the concept to 99.9% of humanity ;-)  I live near
farm country.  Every year, when DST ends in late fall, there are
"letters to the editor" complaining that the late crops really _need_
more sunlight - why can't the damn fool city-slicker politicians just
leave the sun alone, as God created it?