[Datetime-SIG] Another round on error-checking

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 23:42:21 CEST 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Now, please, can we not start discussing how __hash__ should behave if
> > utcoffset() raises a MissingTimeError?
>
> __hash__ is a tail.  I still want to get people thinking about the
> dog.  Really.  Let's give people some space to look at it from a
> higher level?  Implementation details aren't users' problems, and I
> want to be (more) sure we can live with the high-level model.

This forum may not be inclusive enough for this.  People in this group know
too much!

I plan to cross some t's and dot some i's in the PEP text this week and
complete the "big rename" in the reference implementation.  After that, I
will be ready to present the PEP for a final round on Python-Dev.

Granted, Python-Dev is also a rather elite group, but I hope we will find a
few people there who have used time.mktime(dt.timetuple()) in their
programs and never thought there was anything wrong with their code.