[Datetime-SIG] Timeline arithmetic?

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 18:31:38 CEST 2015

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Chris Barker <chris.barker at noaa.gov> wrote:

> It seems to me that it's clear that timeline arithmetic will not get
> implemented in concert with PEP 495.
>
> So -- is the door open to a PEP that DOES implement timeline arithmetic
> with tz-aware datetimes in the standard lib?

The door is always open to good ideas!  PEP 500 was my failed attempt to
bring timeline arithmetic to aware datetime objects.   I will not make
another attempt before PEP 495 is finalized.  Please don't interpret this
as a lack of interest in the subject.  I just want to focus on one issue at
a time.