[Datetime-SIG] Another approach to 495's glitches

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 03:53:56 CEST 2015

On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Intrazone.

> if it were always 0), including in hash().
>
> 2. Interzone.
>
> A. Subtraction.  Change nothing.
>
> B. Comparison.
> B1. __eq__.  If either operand has fold=1, return False.
> B2. __ne__.  If either operand has fold=1, return True.
> B3. The others.  Change nothing.

I really like this solution.  The reason I was procrastinating with
updating the PEP to reflect the previous solution was that I really did not
like the fact that it would make fold=1 times in the gap equal to the times
right before the gap.  Now this problem will go away with many others.

Let me sleep on this, but I really think this may work.