[Datetime-SIG] Timeline arithmetic?

Carl Meyer carl at oddbird.net
Mon Sep 7 02:31:12 CEST 2015

> I made it up, in analogy to "classic classes" in Python 2. I did this
> not as a euphemism, but to avoid confusion, since in the existing docs
> "naive" is only ever applied to objects (meaning tzinfo-less) and I
> wanted to have a term that couldn't confuse anyone into thinking we were
> only talking about arithmetic of naive objects.

Thanks for the clarification; that's reasonable. I shouldn't have
presumed a reason for the term.

And, as others have pointed out, "naive arithmetic" is just as
invented-here as "classic arithmetic" -- perhaps more meaningful to
someone not already familiar with it, but also possibly leading them to
the wrong meaning.

Carl