[Datetime-SIG] Computing .dst() as a timedelta

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 19:10:53 CEST 2015

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 2:20 AM, Alexander Belopolsky
> <alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Note that faster vehicles such as the ISS use UTC these days...
>
> Isn't the ISS fast enough that relativity starts getting in the way?

Not fast enough for an astronaut to miss a wedding anniversary.

I am *so* glad the Python datetime module doesn't have to concern itself
> with that...

Neither do the astronauts when they schedule a video conference with a
family at home and that's the only time they need to worry about civil time
zones on the Earth.