[Datetime-SIG] Computing .dst() as a timedelta

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Sep 23 09:43:52 CEST 2015

I think I only got part of my tongue-in-cheek suggestion across :-)

The idea was to drop local time altogether and instead use UTC
everywhere. Wall clocks would all show UTC. Instead of switching
time zones, you'd adapt your schedule as needed and this could
be as flexible as you want.

People would just have to get used to having dinner at e.g.
03:00 UTC instead of 8pm [add some timezone here] and you
would be able to enjoy sunset at 10:00 UTC in some places.

Ain't going to happen, but it would allow people to gain back
some more freedom in scheduling their lives.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Sep 23 2015)
2015-09-14: Released mxODBC Plone/Zope DA 2.2.3   http://egenix.com/go84
2015-09-26: Python Meeting Duesseldorf Sprint 2015          3 days to go
2015-10-21: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...                 28 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/