[Datetime-SIG] PEP 495 implementation

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 22:34:03 EDT 2016

Dear All,

I am getting close to completing PEP 495 implementation, but I need someone
to help me with a port to Windows.  One of the major obstacles is that my
implementation relies heavily on the POSIX localtime_r function which
apparently is not available on Windows.

I would also appreciate help from a unittest expert to improve
test_datetime.  One of the pressing tasks is to make ZoneInfoCompleteTest
optional because it takes several minutes to complete.

I am maintaining the patch as a pull request [1] against the python/cpython
repository on github.  Code reviews are most welcome.

[1]: https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/20