[PYTHON DB-SIG] Python DB Sig: ILU API

Peter Wolk peterw@stc.com
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 16:39:54 -0800

At 07:00 AM 1/31/96, Paul Everitt wrote:

>In a further effort to separate interface from implementation, Brian Lloyd and
>Chris Heaps here are writing an ILU interface for the Strawman API.  Brian is
>working on an ILU module that will connect to a Microsoft Access database,
and >publish it as the Strawman ISL object. Chris is working on connecting
it to >miniSQL...not directly (i.e. a C mapping), but via the Python module
for miniSQL.

>I certainly don't expect to get everyone to use ILU.  However, having an
ISL is
>a very good way to define a spec.

BROADCAST QUESTIONS?

We will be using Python, ILU, Informix etc.  Does this define a subset of
DB-Sig that needs to develop any unique tools?

I am also looking for controls for this environment from PowerBuilder.
Anyone else out there in THAT subset?

Can someone give me a reference to miniSQL?  What is it?  Where is it?  etc.

Thanks.  Peter-

Peter M. Wolk
Director, Managed Care Research and Development      peterw@stc.com
SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES CORP                           818-445-9000 x506
P.O. Box 661090                                      818-445-5510 (fax)
Arcadia, CA 91066                                    http://www.stc.com

send messages to: db-sig@python.org