[PYTHON DB-SIG] Informix Module Work?

Greg Stein greg_stein@eshop.com
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 19:08:00 -0800

At 5:18 PM 1/18/96, Bill Baker wrote:
>I am starting work on an Informix Module based around the work done by
>Thomas J. Culliton for the oraclemodule.  I am inexperienced at the Python
>API and this will only be a side-line for me (although I _do_ have a motivation
>because I want to move from the perl 4.0 isql implementation that I currently
>use for production work here).
>I would like to know before I get too deep whether there is other work already
>in progress?

Yes and no. Yes, we (eShop) are going to develop an Informix module within
the next 10 days, and no, we haven't begun yet :-).

I have worked extensively with Tom's module for about 7 months now. I've
made numerous fixes to it and will actually be releasing a new version of
his module within the next few weeks. Based on that experience, and with
this mailing list's goal/desires for a generalized database API, I proposed
a strawman API to this mailing list last week.

At this point, I plan on using that (strawman) API for the interface to the
Informix module. We should have the module completed quickly, but I don't
think I'll be able to prepare a "formal" release until a few weeks
afterwards. I can certainly arrange to get it to you before then, though.

Regards,

Greg Stein, eShop Inc.
greg_stein@eshop.com

send messages to: db-sig@python.org