[PYTHON DB-SIG] Sybase Module with ctlib for linux?

Georg Mischler gm@hl-technik.de
Sun, 6 Oct 1996 19:30:00 -0100

Hello out there ...

I just managed to compile the included demos together with
Greg Thain's ELF converted open client libraries for sybase on my
Linux box.
(didn't check if they really work though yet ;)

Next thing was trying to compile one of the several python
sybase modules  (The most recent one and most complete looking
of them by Tim Docker with modifications by Thomas Palmer)
- with little success.
Although I link with every library file around (lacking other
instructions with the source), I still get tons of undefined
symbols in the end.

What happens?
Are those modules not meant to use the open client libraries at all?
Does anything like this work on linux?

Hard to imagine that there isn't any installation out there
where someone accesses a sybase database engine from a
python script on linux.  Slowly beginning to feel really dumb...

Any further information highly appreciated!

-Georg

Georg Mischler   --   daylight&simulations   --   mailto:
gm@hl-technik.de
HL-Technik  AG   --   consulting engineers   --
http://www.hl-technik.de

send messages to: db-sig@python.org