[PYTHON DB-SIG] The Java API by comparison

Greg Stein gstein@microsoft.com
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 16:06:04 -0700

>----------

Interesting thought. The DB interface, at least, has shown to be
complete within the bounds of the problems that I've used it for. Also,
that it has been more than workable for Oracle, Informix, and ODBC. It
was relatively doable for mSQL and PG95, but those two databases lack
some key features that I was looking for :-( and so I never bothered to
complete implementations along the DatabaseAPI line...

btw, Jim has grumbled for a while about some modifications to the API
and/or backing that up with some code. From some brief talks with him at
the Python workshop, they sound doable and are nice improvements, but
the ship is still out...

-g

p.s. and yes... I promise to try to reorg the db-sig main page a bit and
the DatabaseAPI some to bring them up to date and have a visible link to
the api... this weekend.

--
Greg Stein, Microsoft Corporation            execfile("disclaimer.py")

send messages to: db-sig@python.org