[PYTHON DB-SIG] Re: ODBC for Pythonwin

Aaron Watters arw@dante.mh.lucent.com
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 07:05:42 -0400

From:         Kelly Kranabetter <kelly.kranabetter@gems6.gov.bc.ca>
>I seem to be unable to find any documentation for the ODBC stuff...
>Got any pointers to documentation/sample code?

While I can't say authoritatively, I think ODBC should follow
the general dbapi described under the db-sig section of
http://www.python.org.  Also look to the pipermail archives of
the db-sig and the pythonwin-sig.  An example for the oraclemodule
may well work with few or no modifications for ODBC
(somebody correct me please).  I also thought there was an
ODBC tutorial or something somewhere, but dunno where.

I also note that the ODBC module is not pythonwin specific
(ie, it will run under any Win port of python, not just pythonwin,
which is Python inside MFC) -- this is nice in case you want
to run batch-style operations.

(cc'ed to python-list and db-sig).
   -- Aaron Watters
===
The NJ wildlife census is extrapolated from road kills.
Conclusion: wildlife is thriving.