[DB-SIG] Oracle, Python and CGI

Cary Collett cary@ratatosk.org
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 12:16:25 -0400 (EDT)

Well...

I'm trying to access an Oracle DB from a Python script being called via
CGI. When I tried to connect to Oracle, I got this error:

    cobj = oracledb.oracledb('ffoo/bar')
OracleDbError: LOGON caused a Error while trying to retrieve text for
error ORA-01019

At first I though it was because the script was running as nobody, so I
set up Apache's suEXEC to change my UID and GID. posix.getuid() and
getgid() verify that this it's working. (Even the effective UID and GIDs
are changed.)

But I still get the connect error.

The script will connect fine if I run it from the command line. Also
I can connect fine when running python in command line mode.

Anyhow, I'm stumped, any suggestions are welcome!

Cary