[DB-SIG] dbi interface, connection object.

Anthony Baxter Anthony Baxter <arb@connect.com.au>
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 23:51:27 +1000

>>> Shichang Zhao wrote
> I see "commit" (commit pending transactions) and rollback interfaces,
> which are very useful in controlling the interaction with database. I
> just wonder either database connection objects should have some
> attributes, like autocommit flag, so that user can control the behavior
> when interacting with a database connection.

I've thought about that on occasion - I decided for my purposes, I'd
prefer to know exactly when I'm committing things. I suppose making it
an option to commit() when the cursor/connection is deleted might make
sense, maybe...

Anthony