[DB-SIG] DB-API Spec. 1.1a1

M.-A. Lemburg lemburg@uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri, 05 Dec 1997 12:32:52 +0100

Funny, now that I've started to put some discussion points
regarding a new API Spec on the list nobody except Hannu
seems interested anymore -- or is it just lack of time ?

I'm still looking for "the best way" to set date/time formats.
Hannu put up the very interesting idea of having execute()
decide itself for input parameters. This can easily be
done, since all the module has to test is whether it got a
tuple or a number (float) and the addition is fully backward compatible.
But what about the output from the fetch-methods ? I considered
using a cursor variable for this, but other ways are also
thinkable:
- add a parameter to the fetch-methods setting the wanted
  date/time format
- add a parameter to execute for setting the format for all
  later calls to fetch-methods

Do we need more formats apart from tuples and time floats
for date/time values, maybe strings ?

send messages to: db-sig@python.org