Date-Time type (was Re: [DB-SIG] DB-API Spec. 1.1a1)

aaron watters aaron_watters@classic.msn.com
Wed, 10 Dec 97 14:19:55 UT

Looks like what we need is a standard Date interface
for Python, as a numeric type.  Actually, probably a suite
of them as wrappers to the same base type, ie seconds+1 gives
a different (but coercible)  result than day+1.  I cautiously
volunteer to look into this, especially if people can point me
to any standards docs or standard treatments of the subject.
There's gotta be standards out there.  Maybe I'll look to yahoo later.
Of course today + 3578 should take leap years into account, etc.
First place to look, maybe: calendar.py?
  -- Aaron Watters

send messages to: db-sig@python.org