[DB-SIG] Standardized Date-Time class

Jeffrey C. Jacobs timehorse@unforgettable.com
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 12:05:52 -0500

=09

-----Original Message-----
From:	Hannu Krosing [SMTP:hannu@trust.ee]
Sent:	Wednesday, December 10, 1997 4:50 AM
To:	Jeffrey Jacobs
Subject:	Re: [DB-SIG] Standardized Date-Time class

Otherways we will open yet another can of worms - the leap seconds, =
which are applied until this day not by Pure
Logic but instead by some universal agreements.

---------------
Hannu Krosing

	Of course, all of the leap seconds have occurred since 1 January 1970, =
which is the beginning of the modern computer era, so any times before =
that, corrected by 21 seconds, which I believe is the total number of =
seconds added since then, would be accurate for any time pre-1970.  It's =
only in the modern era that we loose second-accuracy because of the Leap =
Second.  Welcome to the era of the Atomic Clock.  :)

			Be Seeing You,

			Jeffrey.

---
~,-;`  The TimeHorse