[PYTHON DB-SIG] dbi conformant sybase module

Greg Stein gstein@microsoft.com
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 10:59:48 -0800

The DBAPI supports array inserts, but doesn't have any methods defined
for bulk loading (e.g. from a file). I would generally tend to say that
you'd want to just add a method as needed and it would be a
"Sybase-specific" extension. If the method could apply to other
databases, then it could be added to the spec (and some databases might
raise an error if it is called).

-g