[PYTHON DB-SIG] DB-Modules returning lists of dicts

Bertil Reinhammar Bertil_Reinhammar@ivab.se
Thu, 9 Jan 1997 16:14:57 +0100

!!!
[Long and well formulated text by David Walton cut]

Sorry about the apparent disinterest. I'm just a slow starter.

We once did a module doing what you want and found it quite agreeable.
I vote in favor of your suggestion as long as we extend the API since
code is likely to break otherwise. Maybe the idea requires some refinement
as to how to choose return format etc.

Glenn Colby wrote that they got problems with memory when using
dictionaries but I don't see that this is implied by the dictionaries
per se. Even if one have very long rows, one or a few of them should not
be a big problem. What am I missing ?

hej/
Bertil Reinhammar		IV DocEye AB (Combitech)
phn. +46 13 200606		Teknikringen 9
fax. +46 13 214897		S-58330 Linköping
bertil_reinhammar@ivab.se	Sweden

send messages to: db-sig@python.org