[DB-SIG] python odbc module

Christina Perkins sdeibel@dsg.harvard.edu
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 16:18:10 -0400

Hi all,

I'm working on implementing a web site using Python CGI scripts.  We're
running Microsoft IIS 3.0 and SQL Server 6.5.  The ODBC module works
perfectly as long as the database and web servers are on the same
machine.  However, when I try to access a remote datasource in the same
domain, I get the following error:

dbi.operation-error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][dbnmpntw]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()). in LOGIN

It seems that ConnectionOpen() needs permission to write a file, and I
can't figure out where it's trying to open this file.

The user cgi scripts are executed as a domain user with change control
on the cgi directories through both sharing and regular file system
permissions.

Has anyone run into this before?  Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
Chris Perkins
Decision Systems Group
Boston, MA