[PYTHON DB-SIG] oracledb and thread safety and oracle 7.3

Anthony Baxter arb@connect.com.au
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 18:22:02 +1100

For a task I have here, I really need to have the oracle module running
thread safe, using the thread safe opinit()/olog() code. Now this seems
to require Oracle 7.3, if my reading of the oracle documentation is correct.

Should I make this a fork from the main oracledb code? #ifdef it? (it's
likely to be significantly different under the hood, so #ifdefs could get
messy). I'm also concerned about the possibilities for confusion that
having two versions could produce.

opinions anyone?
Anthony

send messages to: db-sig@python.org