[DB-SIG] Examples?

John A Eikenberry jae@coe.uga.edu
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 11:59:31 -0500 (EST)

Hello all,

I am just starting my first database applications. I am using mySQL and
was planning on using the API as developed by this sig. I am having
trouble getting started due to my lack of experience with databases and
the lack of documentation. I have the API specification, but to a database
newbie such as myself, it doesn't help that much.  What I'd really like to
see would be a few good examples. So... if anyone with some code they
wouldn't mind sharing would pass it along, I'd really appreciate it.

Related to this, I think it would be nice for db newbies such as myself if
there were a collection of examples on the ftp site. So, if there is a
good response to this querry, perhaps the results could be collected and
placed there.

Thanks,

John Eikenberry
[jae@ai.uga.edu - http://www.ai.uga.edu/students/jae/]