[DB-SIG] oracle and python and db-sig API, oh my!

Anthony Baxter Anthony Baxter <arb@connect.com.au>
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 17:57:52 +1100

Ok dokey, time for some fun questions.

DBI:
    Is there a standard DBI module out there? I have my own one as part
of the OracleDB interface. It makes sense to have just one of them, no?
I'd like a bit more consistency in the current (rather feature-poor :)
interface - it should be possible to use the type code from the description
attribute as a argument to a method for building an arbitrary type.
I'd also like better date support - did anything come out of the long
discussion earlier in the year about this stuff?

Oracle stored procedures:
    I'm attacking the stored procedures and variable binding problem - it's
still not clear to me how, or why, it's failing. Once I have a
solution, a beta test of oracledb will go onto my web pages. (yay)

API:
    changes I'd like to see (some of these were posted to the list earlier
this year). note that connection.close() nukes cursors associated with the
connection. a more thorough DBI description. Maybe some examples?