[DB-SIG] What DB-API compliant interfaces are there?

Andrew Kuchling amk@magnet.com
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 18:52:23 -0400 (EDT)

I'd really like to write a brief article on a Python database
interface for the February issue of Linux Journal.  (Deadline Oct. 1.)
It would be most useful, I think, if it covered the DB-API, instead of
some idiosyncratic interface; that way it can end saying "this same
interface works for other databases as well."  But the available
interfaces are for Oracle, Informix, and SOLID, which aren't common
database interfaces.  Are there DB-API compliant interfaces for
something smaller and simpler like mSQL?  SOLID's available free for
Linux in a limited version, so it's not a major point.

Do you think this is a good idea?  Or would it be better to write
about something really easy to acquire like mSQL, whether it supports
the DB-API or not?

	Andrew Kuchling
	amk@magnet.com
	http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/