[DB-SIG] What DB-API compliant interfaces are there?

Andrew Kuchling amk@magnet.com
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 16:47:48 -0400 (EDT)

Bill Tutt <billtut@microsoft.com> wrote:
>So getting the SOLID ODBC code to work with say, MySQL's Unix odbc
>interface, or mSQL's Unix odbc interface should
>be trivial.

	Neat!  I may have to try that later...  Wouldn't it then be
reasonable to repackage the module as a Unix OBDC module for
Solid/mSQL/MySQL/GNU SQL/whatever, and have small #ifdef's only to get
the names of the header files right for the various databases?

>Documentation is always the last thing to get updated.... :)

	True enough, but it's something of a pity.  It's really cool
if Python presents identical interfaces to different databases, but
the capability isn't really advertised very much.  (It would also help
if the mSQL module, which is probably the most common, obeyed the
DB-API.)

	Andrew Kuchling
	amk@magnet.com
	http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/