[DB-SIG] What DB-API compliant interfaces are there?

Bill Tutt billtut@microsoft.com
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 15:19:47 -0700

It certainly sounds reasonable to me...
Oh btw, the current list of exceptions for the PythonWin DBI code is:
noError, opError, progError, integrityError, dataError, internalError

noError is generally ment to be thrown when you have a warning i.e. Data
truncated that you should know about.
opError is an operational error i.e. being disconnected,  data source
name not found, etc....
progError is a programming error i.e. table already exists, table not
found, etc...
integrityError is an integirity error in the database's relational
integerity i.e. a foreign key check fails
dataError is a data error, i.e. Numeric value out of range, division by
zero, etc...
internalError is an interntal Database error, i.e. Invalid cursor state,
invalid transaction state, etc...

Bill