[DB-SIG] Transactions: how to start them?

Joel Shprentz shprentz@bdm.com
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:20:25 -0400

At 10:38 AM 9/18/97 UT, Aaron Watters wrote:

>BTW:  What is the status of the sybase module, anybody?
>I'll look into it soon, since I have a possible client interest
>and I'm teaching a db class at rutgers where they have
>sybase...  -- Aaron Watters

I have substantially rewritten the Sybase module to support my work with
persistent storage (plug: paper to be presented at Python Conference).
Building on the work of other contributors, I've made these changes:

- Access to Sybase's error reporting
- Support for long text and image fields
- More (but not all) data types supported
- Access to some Sybase internals
- Python function calls use new names

I'll confess that my primary use of the module is to submit fairly simple
SQL statements and get the results.  I've not worked with calculated
fields, which require different Sybase API calls to retrieve.  Nor do I use
stored procedures very much.

I'll make the code available sometime next week when I return from some travel.
--
Joel Shprentz              (202) 863-3487
BDM Federal, Inc.          shprentz@bdm.com

send messages to: db-sig@python.org