[DB-SIG] MySQL and similar databases

Oliver Andrich andrich@fga.de
18 Sep 1997 13:24:46 +0200

Hi,

I don't want to be a heretic, but is the Database API (current version 1.0) a
must, if I want to implement a interface to MySQL, that offers some more
features then the one already available? I ask, cause the API might be ok for
Oracle, Informix, and so on. But I is to much for MySQL, MSQL and so on, isn't
it? But may be I don't see everything that is needed to understand the
API. This will be my first time at  interfacing Python with DB myself and also
my first bigger DB project.

Best regards,

		Oliver Andrich

FGA Furch & Graf intermediaservices gbr                andrich@fga.de
Gartenstr. 5                                        http://www.fga.de
D-56220 Sankt Sebastian            +49-261-98244-94 (voice) -95 (fax)

send messages to: db-sig@python.org