From:  owner-db-sig@python.org on behalf of Magnus Lycka
Sent:  Thursday, September 18, 1997 11:15 AM
To:  db-sig@python.org
Subject:  [DB-SIG] autocommit
To be honest, I'm a little uncertain about how to handle SQL the best way.
The thing that makes it tricky is that the database has it's own states
and namespaces which completely ignore your Python (or whatever) code
structures / namespaces. If you don't use cursors this might make things
very confusing if you call other functions containing SQL while in a
transaction... Commit/rollbacks might suddenly appear in wrong places.
I guess the solution to this is to always use cursors if the database
supports that.

send messages to: db-sig@python.org