[DB-SIG] Transactions: how to start them?

Newton Consulting Inc ecn@smart.net
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 10:43:20 -0400 (EDT)

> I think Eric Newton was doing some work on a transaction
> interface a year or so ago

I was thinking about database operations as atomic nodes in a much bigger
framework for information systems.  The basic idea was to view an
information processing system as network of workflow nodes.  The framework
standardized the data types and connection interfaces between nodes, and
then it allowed any old database operation to be implemented inside the
node.

It is a useful integration framework, and one that lends itself well to
Python.  I don't know how much it will help you, though.  For example, it
is a fine way to integrate report generators, too.

Nobody pays me to build information systems these days, so my interest has
waned.

-Eric

send messages to: db-sig@python.org