[DB-SIG] Again a question about the API

Michael Lorton mlorton@microsoft.com
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 11:55:30 -0700

I can tell you why we put it there and what we use it for.  Say you want
to write a general-purpose table display or editing mechanism.  You can
execute (but not fetch) "select * from tablename" and then use the
description to build a form, perform minor edit-checking, that sort of
thing.

M.

send messages to: db-sig@python.org