[DB-SIG] Symbol conflict?

Quentin Neill quentin@s1.com
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 14:54:55 -0400

I was building Python1.5 on an HP 10.20 system with Informix 7.24 installed,
and I ran into a multiply defined symbol "initsocket"

  1. initsocket defined in Modules/socketmodule.c
  2. initsocket defined in libixasf, libtasf, libasf, netlib

Has anyone else seen this?  How did you workaround?  Our workaround was
to patch the Modules/socketmodule.c and Modules/config.c files after
configuration to avoid the collision.

Seems the "right" way to fix this is a name change in the python module
interfaces, perhaps a "py_" prefix for all the modules.

--
Thanks,
Quentin Neill          qneill@s-1.com          404-812-6658