[DB-SIG] mxODBC and Informix

Alexander Kuznetsov alexan@www.micex.com
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 11:39:18 +0400

Bill Anderson wrote:

> As the subject intimates, I have a question about mxODBC. Is this an
> appropriate place? If so, would it connect to an Informix dd (7.2)?
>
> I intend to do some testing with MySQL, and then switch to Informix when
> it works properly with glibc (I was using suse, but when my Alpha came
> in I switched).
>
> I have two areas I intend to use this in, one being a POS suite, and the
> other being strictly web-based.
>
> Bill Anderson,

Informix SE for Linux free distribution includes Informix-Net product .
Informix-Net is a client library, used to connect  to Informix DB servers
(both ONLINE and SE). You may install only Informix-Net to your linux host
and make connections to other hosts

--
Alexander Kuznetsov, alexan@unicorn.micex.ru