[DB-SIG] DB topic guide moves to python.org

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 09:52:07 -0500 (EST)

I've moved the draft database topic guide to:
	http://www.python.org/topics/database/

I'd like to make one more pass over it, fill in a few blanks, and then
go live with it.

	* Added a list of database books, along with links to
amazon.com.  More book suggestions would be really helpful; if you've
found a really good book on something DB-related (programming, SQL,
design issues, data warehouseing, whatever), please let me know.

	* Adding more Web links to the DB Resources page would also be
nice.  I'd rather point to good meta-resources than attempt to be a
comprehensive resource on its own; for example, the XML topic guide
points to sites like schema.net and xmlsoftware.com and doesn't try to
duplicate what those sites are doing.  So, are there any similar
things for databases?

	* Need to put Aqueduct somewhere...

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Consumers are like roaches -- you spray them and they get immune after a while.