[DB-SIG] Are DigiCool's DB interfaces now Open Source (Oracle, Sybase)?

Jim Fulton jim@Digicool.com
Fri, 04 Dec 1998 15:43:09 +0000

Harri Pasanen wrote:

> I was reading with interest about Principia and Aquaduct going
> open source from http://lwn.net/ (Linux Weekly News).
>
> """Digital Creations has moved ahead with their plans to open up the
> source code for Principia, an object-based web development platform, and
> integrate it with Bobo, a popular open source web toolkit also developed
> by Digital Creations. In fact, they've gone even further and dropped
> their Aqueduct relational database integration product in as well. The
> result is a new product, the Z Object Publishing Environment, to be
> known as "Zope" for short."""
>
> I wonder if this Aqueduct contains DB interfaces, or is it higher
> level?

We haven't done alot of DB interfaces.  Aqueduct mostly used
existing DB interfaces.  We do have our own grungy ODBC interface
that was written only for Aqueduct that we'll make available.

We are de-productifying DCOracle.  We'll be supporting it
only for existing DCOracle customers and for our consulting
clients.

Jim

Technical Director   (540) 371-6909              Python Powered!

repeats.