[DB-SIG] ANN: Date/Time C extension, version 0.4

M.-A. Lemburg lemburg@uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu, 08 Jan 1998 20:47:54 +0100

The new release makes the set of types/functions and constructors
more or less complete. It can now handle arbitrary dates and times, does
simple date/time calculations and allows dates and times to be used
as dictionary keys (i.e. hashing and comparing is also supported).

Getting all the types coerced properly was a real nasty fight
with Python's coercion mechanism: we should really fix this to allow
for "mixed" type coercion !

Please have a look and tell me what you think:

	 http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/mxDateTime.html

If there is a consensus, I'll make these types the low-level
standard for database interfacing in the upcoming DB API Spec 1.1.
The DateTime module provides a C API in form of a C object for
this reason.