[DB-SIG] Questions about DB-API?

M.-A. Lemburg lemburg@uni-duesseldorf.de
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 01:45:17 +0100

Sedad Delalic wrote:

> Hello,
> after few days spent in testing an existing db-api (informixdb) I would
> like to ask you few questions :
>
> 1. Is the mapping of NULL value defined? I did not see any comment about
> that.

No, but the 1.1 API version will define this as None. See
http://starship.skyport.net/crew/lemburg/DatabaseAPI-1.1.html for
details.

> 2. What will happened with DATE type ?
>    - Current definition of date type (time) in python cannot handle
> dates before the 01/01/1970. DBMSs (many of them) support that.

As soon as I have the date/time types stable, you can use those.
They don't have any problem with dates from 1.1.1 to well beyond
1.1.100000. See http://starship.skyport.net/crew/lemburg/mxDateTime.html
for details.

send messages to: db-sig@python.org