[DB-SIG] Oracle interface for Windows/NT

Cary Collett caryc@shore.net
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 15:22:57 -0500 (EST)

> I have been using the Digital creations database API module for oracle
> and have been following all the discussions on date/time. I am working
> with it on Sun/Solaris -but intend to also use it on SGI and Linux,
> which should not be a problem.  I just assumed that it would be easy to
> get it (or something else) with the standard DB API working under
> NT/windows.  However, now that I start looking closely I find nothing
> specifically for windows.  Of the 3 things available
>    the Digital Creations API
>    the Lemburg mxODBC module
>    and Oramod (which I can find nothing for - only patches?)

How do you plan to get it working under Linux? No native Oracle
libraries. Though you could compile Python and oracledb under SCO and
then use the IBCS to run it under Linux.

Cary

send messages to: db-sig@python.org