[DB-SIG] Oracle interface for Windows/NT

Victoria White white@fnal.gov
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 14:16:48 -0600

--------------86A707696B7C085BED3B52A1

Cary,
         Yes that was the initial plan - but if there are other suggestions I
would be happy to hear them.
                        Vicky

Cary Collett wrote:

> > I have been using the Digital creations database API module for oracle
> > and have been following all the discussions on date/time. I am working
> > with it on Sun/Solaris -but intend to also use it on SGI and Linux,
> > which should not be a problem.  I just assumed that it would be easy to
> > get it (or something else) with the standard DB API working under
> > NT/windows.  However, now that I start looking closely I find nothing
> > specifically for windows.  Of the 3 things available
> >    the Digital Creations API
> >    the Lemburg mxODBC module
> >    and Oramod (which I can find nothing for - only patches?)
> >

> How do you plan to get it working under Linux? No native Oracle
> libraries. Though you could compile Python and oracledb under SCO and
> then use the IBCS to run it under Linux.
>
> Cary

--------------86A707696B7C085BED3B52A1

begin:          vcard
fn:             Victoria White
n:              White;Victoria
org:            Fermi National Accelerator Lab
email;internet: white@fnal.gov
title:          Associate Head, Computing Division
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard