[DB-SIG] ctsybase module coredump

Harri Pasanen harri.pasanen@trema.com
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 16:18:42 +0200

Howdy,

It seems that if I don't read all the data from a cursor,
but instead execute() another statement, the ctsybase module
causes python to dump core.

It does is at the point marked by <----, line 168 of ctsybase.c

CS_RETCODE CS_PUBLIC
PySybConnection_clientmsgcallback(CS_CONTEXT *context, CS_CONNECTION
*connection, CS_CLIENTMSG *clientMsg)
{
    PyObject * argument, *result;
    if (currentConnection->clientMsgCallback == Py_None)   <--- dumps
	return CS_SUCCEED;

Looking with gdb looks like currentConnection is NULL.

What I'm trying to do is:

To get a description of a table I have to fetch atleast one row.
Provided on the type of the columns in the table has I may
either proceed to do other query, or read the rest of the rows.

Problem is, that if I proceed to do the other query without
reading in all the results of my first query,
I get the above core dump.

Any suggestions or patches to ctsybase.c ?

Thanks,

Harri