[DB-SIG] New home needed for oracledb

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@Digicool.com
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:35:01 -0400

Hi all,

Some time ago, the copyright for the oracledb module was transfered
to us so that we could make it available to the Python community.
We've made minor enhancements to it and made it available in an
"unsupported" way.

Recently, we've developed an entirely new Oracle package from scratch.
This new package has many advantages over the existing oracledb
module. We've decided to make this new module available as a
commercially supported product.  We feel that we have to charge
for the module and for support to cover the high cost for building
and supporting it.

Unfortunately, this puts us in an uncomfortable position wrt
the oracledb module.  I think it is a bad idea for us to distribute
the old oracledb in a totally unsupported fashion while making another
package available for sale.

I'd like to transfer the stewardship and copyright for the oracledb
module to someone else.

Any volunteers?

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.