[DB-SIG] continuing oracledb development.

Anthony Baxter arb@connect.com.au
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 16:07:11 +1000

I sent out an announcement for oracledb 0.2pre1 to python-announce and
c.l.p yesterday, and I'd just like to solicit some feedback on the build
process. I _think_ that the autosetup.py script will build a working
Setup file by itself, but I don't have access to very many OS / Oracle
version combos. Could you take a few minutes to download it from
http://alumni.dgs.monash.edu.au/~anthony/oracledb/, unpack it,
then run

autosetup.py
make -f Makefile.pre.in boot
make
python -c "import oracledb"

and check that it works for you (no unresolved symbols). If it works,
could you let me know your OS/Oracle version combo?

Right now, the oracledb module itself probably isn't suitable for
production use, but I'm looking to fix this ASAP.

Thanks for your help,
Anthony