[DB-SIG] mxODBC with Solid

adustman@comstar.net adustman@comstar.net
Sun, 3 May 1998 11:08:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 2 May 1998, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Doesn't Informix provide an ODBC API ? You could use one of the
> three ODBC implementations then (PythonWin's odbc, Michael Lausch's
> soliddb, or my mxODBC).

Is anyone out there actually using mxODBC with Solid? I gave it a try but
there were a number of unresolved symbols due to certain features not
being present in Solid's ODBC interface. I could have probably hacked out
those features (or added some dummy functions), but at the time, I didn't
have time. I was already using the GAMS/Lausch database, which has some
probmlems (some of which I think I corrected to make it reliable for my
applications). This was a couple months ago, so perhaps the latest version
of mxODBC is more directly compatible with Solid (2.2).

--
Andy Dustman                                 WW           Charles Babbage:
ComStar Communications Corp.                 BB       He never used Linux,