[DB-SIG] informixdb problem

Anthony M. Ingraldi A.M.INGRALDI@larc.nasa.gov
Tue, 5 May 1998 15:32:22 -0400

Hello,

I have obtained a copy of the ifxdbmodule package from the python ftp site
and I am having trouble getting it to work.  System specifics are as follows:

OS:      Solaris 2.5.1
Python:  1.5.1
gcc:     2.7.2.3
ESQL:    I get conflicting information here

If I execute /usr/local/informix/bin/esqlvers, I get

INFORMIX-ESQL Version 9.12.UC2

If I execute /usr/local/informix/lib/esql/esqlc -v, I get

INFORMIX-ESQL Version 7.24.UC4

When I try to import the _informixdb.so module, I get the following:

>>> import _informixdb
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: symbol not found:
gl_setextfunc: referenced in ./_informixdb.so

Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

--
  Tony Ingraldi                | e-mail: A.M.INGRALDI@LaRC.NASA.GOV
  NASA Langley Research Center |